Journalists are tough customers. Jaded, surly, always on deadline, they don’t take kindly to inappropriate pitches. And they don’t care about the same things we do.
That means you can’t just plug marketing verbiage into a press release and call it good. You have to suss out press contacts, find out what they care about, and tailor your messages according to their beats, predilections and time constraints. And do everything you can to make their jobs easy. Or let us do that for you.
If you’re running a creative firm (ad agency, graphic design company, Web development firm, etc.) you may want – or be asked – to assist a client with public relations at some point.
When that happens, we can work as your sub-contractor or partner. You set the agenda and we’ll provide you with the expertise and client service capabilities to get great results.
Of course, if you're ready to promote your own company’s achievements, we can do that too. We’ve done this for a number of creative services firms, so we’re dialed in on the relevant publications and opportunities.
If the idea of introducing another marketer to your client makes you squirm, just remember: everything we do is based upon long-term personal relationships. The best way to find out whether or not we might have one is by having a personal conversation.
Some of our services may overlap with what you do. Or we might take a different tack but call it the same thing. As a creative or marketing expert, you already know where you need to fill in the gaps. Just tell us what that is and we’ll make it happen.
Public Relations Strategy & Program Development
- Client & competitive messaging audits
- PR & marketing plan development
- Product launch strategies
- Positioning (sometimes different for PR when the target audience is journalists)
- Key message development
- Developing viable story ideas and angles
- Press research (what journalists are writing about, which competitors are getting coverage and why)
- Press list development (specifically created for each client)
- Media relations (establishing relationships with journalists and pitching stories)
Writing for News & Public Relations
- Press releases
- Executive biographies
- Fact sheets
- News articles (print and online publications, newsletters)
- By-lined articles (“authored” by you or your client, written or edited by us)
- Opinion pieces and letters to the editor
- Promotional copy for Web sites, trade shows and collateral
- Case studies
- White papers
Media Relations & Media Training
- Pitching stories to journalists (print, online and broadcast)
- Monitoring coverage of relevant category topics and competitors
- Submitting article and abstract ideas to print and online media
- Press conferences – planning and execution
- Media training to prepare spokespeople for interviews (print and broadcast)
- Coordination of media wire services
- Planning and direction for video news releases
- Trade shows – planning and on-site support (coordination and scheduling
for press announcement and interviews)
- Corporate parties – planning and execution
Direct Marketing Services (DMS)
Happy Trails Animation